CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Mommy Moment

I LOVE Sundays. I love getting up in the morning and turning my Pandora station to church music. I love singing while I get ready, especially church songs! I love going to church and listening to the speakers in Sacrament. I love teaching my Sunday School class and the things my teenagers teach me. I love the spirit that I feel in Relief Society and the friendships I am making. I love coming home and eating Mac N cheese for lunch with Tyson. It is seriously our Sunday tradition... obsessed. I love relaxing until 5pm, when we go to our family Sunday Dinner. It is my favorite day. It is so relaxing, I get to be with the hubs all day and get to feel the spirit. 


I am SERIOUSLY pregnant. This morning while I was getting ready, the song I Am a Child of God came on my Pandora station. I love that song, but this morning when it came on I really listened to it. It says, "I am a child of God, And he has sent me here, Has given me an earthly home, With parents kind and dear. Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, Help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do, To live with him someday." I started crying!! I know... PREGNANT to the max, right? I was overwhelmed by the feeling I had. I KNOW that I am a child of God and he gave me an earthly home, with AMAZING parents. My mom and dad are the reason I am, who I am, today. And in a few months, I will have the responsibility of being a mom just like my mom was to me! And Tyson will have the responsibility of being a dad, just like my dad was to me! It is SO exciting... and a little overwhelming. 

For the past four years as we have struggled to get pregnant, I have watched my sisters, friends and co-workers, get pregnant, have babies and become mothers. I have watched them celebrate the happiest moments of their lives and I have seen them struggle and cry during their hardest trials, while being a mom. I am grateful for their examples and have learned a lot from them. I have learned from many of you that read my blog, even if you do not know. I have watched you and have learned from you. I am grateful for the mothers in my life and I hope I can be as good of a mom as you are! 

I was on bed rest for about 4 weeks and am so happy to be off! I am on semi-bed rest now, so I get to go to work (SO HAPPY!), but still need to "take it easy". My belly grows DAILY and the best day of my life was the day I FINALLY felt her move. I wish you could start feeling the baby inside of you at 8 weeks... not 21 weeks! Getting to this point has taken FOREVER I feel like. I love her and I can't wait for Tyson to get to feel her!! It is amazing how much I already love her. I would do anything for this little girl... ANYTHING! When I was on bed rest, I kept telling myself that this was only the beginning of changing my life for her. I wanted to go to work and to go shopping! I wanted to have date night and go to the gym! But I was sacrificing those "wants" of mine... for this baby girl! And I am totally okay with it. 


 Tyson and I went on a walk around the block the other night. It was dark out, but the street lights caused it so you could see our shadows on the wall. I was looking at our shadows and could NOT get over how big my belly was. I told Tyson to look at our shadows - I told him that I honestly never thought that I would be pregnant. I always had faith that I would be a mom - but I wasn't sure if we were going to adopt for that to happen. I just starred at my shadow as we talked about the past few years. Tyson said he always knew that I would be pregnant one day. I have never known anyone with so much faith. I still can't believe I am pregnant honestly. I look at myself daily and thank Heavenly Father for the opportunity to be pregnant. What a blessing! 

I saw this video today about motherhood and wanted to share it. What an amazing opportunity we have as women to be moms and as men to be dads! I know that being a mom is going to be tough, but I can't wait! I hope I can be a mom JUST like my mom. She taught me everything I know and loved me unconditionally. Tyson and I have dedicated our lives to this girl the past few years and she STILL isn't even here yet! I can't wait for her to be here and for Tyson and I to be able to raise her in our home and show her how much we love her every single day. 


"To the women within the sound of my voice who dearly want to be mothers and are not, I say through your tears and ours on that subject, God will yet, in days that lie somewhere ahead, bring “hope to the desolate heart.” As prophets have repeatedly taught from this pulpit, ultimately “no blessing shall be withheld” from the faithful, even if those blessings do not come immediately. " - Jeffrey R. Holland

1 comments:

Shaela said...

Love. :) And I'm so happy that you can feel her move now! I bet she's been wiggling fit to feel for a few weeks but you haven't recognized it. Just wait for #2 - you'll know what to expect and will feel the kicks come around MUCH sooner!! :D