CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

A quick and HAPPY thought

It has been one week since my emergency surgery and I am just feeling so grateful! This week of recovery has been going really well and I have LOVED working on projects and being with my mom. Today I had a follow up appointment at the doctor and my mom was able to come with me. They did the usual things they always do at my appointments, but this one was so special. When it came time to do the ultrasound and check baby's heartbeat - the clearest picture of our baby girl appeared on the screen. My mom and I both started crying. She was moving around like crazy and had her hands in front of her face. Her heartbeat was strong and she was completely healthy. My heart officially melted! After EVERYTHING that Tyson and I have been through this week, I was so excited to see our healthy girl, staying strong!  


It is crazy to think about everything this girl has been through. She began as an embryo inside a petri dish in Dr. Shapiro's office with the Fertility Center of Las Vegas. She survived the de-thaw process they perform on the embryos and she continued to grow inside the dish under a microscope. The doctors then put her inside of me and thankfully she connected. She quickly grew a heartbeat and little stubs as arms and legs. A few weeks later, she survived my placenta tearing and the healing process that came with that. Last week she survived my cervix almost completely opening and going into pre-term labor. She then survived an emergency surgery and has continued to survive the healing process that has come with that. And then TODAY, I got to see her so clearly. As I looked at these pictures, everything became a reality. She is OUR baby!! That is seriously something I was not sure if I was ever going to be able to say. Tyson has always had the faith we would be pregnant - he never doubted - and I now wish I had his unwavering faith in this process. I love her so much! PLUS - She already looks like her daddy, which makes me so excited! She is adorable. 

I am so grateful for our little trooper. She is our pride and joy! This journey has not been easy. It has LITERALLY been one thing after another. It was a miracle to make her and it is a miracle to have her inside of me. I have never been so excited about something. She is our angel. 

“Faith precedes the miracle. It has ever been so and shall ever be. It was not raining when Noah was commanded to build an ark. There was no visible ram in the thicket when Abraham prepared to sacrifice his son Isaac. Two heavenly personages were not yet seen when Joseph knelt and prayed. First came the test of faith–and then the miracle. Remember that faith and doubt cannot exist in the same mind at the same time, for one will dispel the other. Cast out doubt. Cultivate faith.” - President Thomas S. Monson 

1 comments:

Rebecca Hunt said...

I remember bawling when I saw the 3D ultrasound of Charlotte. When I looked at those pictures of your baby, thinking about all you've gone through, then reading this post, seriously shed a few tears. So happy for you two. You totally deserve this perfect baby girl!