CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

MRI - check!

On Saturday morning, we woke up early to get over to Steinberg Diagnostic Medical Imaging Center for my first, but most likely not last MRI. We checked in at the Front Desk where we filled out paperwork, just like every other doctor's office. We only had to wait a few minutes until they called us back. They gave me a REALLY cute hospital gown and told me to put it on. I got my own little locker and got dressed. We then waited in another waiting room for about 10 minutes and they called me in. They had Tyson wait for me in the waiting room, but I thought I was only going to be gone for a few minutes so I didn't think anything of it. NOTHING could have prepared me for what was about to happen.
I walked into the room and it had a HUGE MRI machine. It was weird that I was so surprised by the look of it. It looked JUST like the machines do in the movies! I think I was imagining just going in and having something go around my head, like an x-ray when you get braces. I did not expect to see a full body, huge massive machine. That is SO intimidating!
They layed me down and put this really weird machine over my head. It connected to the side of my head and went over my face. They told me I had to hold completely still throughout the procedure. Like I said...I thought it would be five minutes. NO - I was wrong. It was 30 minutes! That is a REALLY long time to hold your head in one position. They put me in the machine head first, and left my legs out. I had headphones BLASTING music, but I could still hear the loud pounding sounds the machine was making. I can't imagine how loud they were if I took my headphones out of my ears! It was crazy!
About half way through the procedure, she pulled me out and put three shots into my arm. This is to send something up to my brain so they could see the brain with contrast. I didn't mind being pulled out half way through - I think it helped actually. I was going crazy in there! I felt like my brain was playing tricks on me and that I was spinning around in circles. I had to open my eyes every now and then just to make sure I was still alive! :) I hope I don't sound crazy and all of you people who have to get this done before, can agree with me!

When it was over, I told the lady I hope I NEVER have to do that again! She said I most likely will, but I should ask if I can have a pill or something before so I am a little drowsy. I think that is a pretty good idea!! To celebrate surviving, we stopped by the gas station and got donuts and chocolate milk... my fav! It was exactly what I needed!
Now we just wait for the results! We just need to know how big the tumor is so we know if a pill will cure it or if brain surgery is on the horizon. I have mixed feelings about both - but I know whatever happens, is a part of Heavenly Father's plan for me!

“The happiest people I know are not those who find their golden ticket; they are those who, while in pursuit of worthy goals, discover and treasure the beauty and sweetness of the everyday moments.”
Dieter F. Uchtdorf

1 comments:

Shaela said...

I've had 2 MRIs and I can't BELIEVE they didn't tell you what to expect!! That's like, the first thing they're supposed to do after they tell you that you need one, is ask if you've had one before and then tell you what to expect, *sigh*. I'm glad you survived though! Fingers crossed and prayers going up that the results are as good as can be expected. :)